Thread: Do I have a medical case if my doctor did follow procedure after surgery?

Do I have a medical case if my doctor did follow procedure after surgery?

Is a doctor responsable after doing surgery to check to see if you have an infection with blood work

The doctor has a duty to follow up with care to make sure that there is not an infection. I am not sure that it could be considered medical malpractice, however. It would be difficult to prove when the infection occurred.

In order to prove medical negligence you must prove breach of care, causation of the injury and damages.

* Breach of care occurs if the medical staff member made a mistake which another doctor or nurse would not have made under similar circumstances. This could be difficult to prove with out another expert witness to testify against the doctor.

* Causation - Causation can be proven if the breach of duty was the proximate cause of the injury. Causation means that if the doctor had not made the mistake then the patient would have gotten better.

* Damages - Damages can include lost wages, pain and suffering, death of a loved one or cost of the medical bills. If a patient has suffered no damages then there is not a basis for a claim of negligence.

If breach of care, causation of the injury and damages are present, you may have a medical malpractice claim. If you win your personal injury case you are entitled to compensation.

If you have been suffering from an injury caused by a prescription drug or medical device, you need help. You may have already asked for help but may have had a hard time getting answers. It can be a daunting task.