Thread: My newborn and I were hit by a truck over a year ago.

My newborn and I were hit by a truck over a year ago.

My newborn and I were hit while crossing the street by a truck and the driver didn't stop. Can I still get help even though it happened over a year ago?

You certainly have enough time to file a case because the statute of limitations is typically 2 years. The only opportunity you would have to pursue a case would be if you knew who hit you. If they didn't stop and you don't have a way to track them down, then unfortunately, you don't have anybody you can sue. If I have misread you post and you do know who hit you, then please call 1-800-566-7404 to hire a lawyer in your area.