Thread: I was injured in a car accident but I didn't go to the hospital right away

I was injured in a car accident but I didn't go to the hospital right away

I was involved in a traffic accident in April 2012. I had severe back pain and suffered whip lash, but I had no insurance to go to the doctor. A month later, when I was out on a boat, My back went out and I ended up in the hospital for 21 days. The doctor said he thought my back was still healing from the accident in April and the fall on the boat was too much for my back to handle. The driver's insurance company has assumed responsibility for the accident that happened in April. Can I get them to pay for my current medical bills, even though I didn't go to the hospital right after the accident happened?

If you have admitted to hurting yourself on a boat, may have trouble claiming that the car accident was the cause of your injury. You probably should talk to a lawyer to see if you have a case worth pursing. I do think it would have benefited you to go to a doctor after the car accident. Call 1-800-566-7404 to get more information.