Thread: Bed bugs have ruined my life...

Bed bugs have ruined my life...

I have a pre-existing heart, lung, and liver diabetes 2 and emotional diseases. I got bed bugs in an 85 unit low income housing for the elderly and disabled. My property manager accused me of bringing bugs to building kept asking questions and accusing me of causing the infestation. I had 4 heart attacks and 2 of them required hospitalization. I think they fired the person responsible, but no one has apologized and the free legal clinic says they can do no more for me, except help get rid of pests. My PCP wants me to go to counseling but I have not found one that can help me. I was under undue pressure for the whole spring summer and fall and still feel like a prisoner in my rental unit. When I go to AA people back off and do not want to associate with me except a few that have had similar experience. I lost $10K or $15K in books and other property that did not have to be lost but the local experts said they had to be destroyed. I want to move but can not afford to do so. I was coerced into hiring expert help by the property manager at a cost of $300.00! Can I get help moving [I am bug free] and recovering the $300.00? I have never had insect pests or bed bugs before.

I am not sure how you prove where the bed bugs came from. Nevertheless, you had them and they have changed your life. I am unsure if you have a case for personal injury, but you certainly could reach out to a local lawyer to see if you should pursue a case. Call 1-800-566-7404.