Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can I sue a doctor for not wanting to help me?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Can I sue a doctor for not wanting to help me?

    I was hurt on the job and went to see a doctor. He would not fix my injuries because I was over 60. I decided to get a second opinion. The second doctor fixed my injuries and I feel great now. Can I sue the first doctor for not wanting to operate and make me better?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Doctors have taken a Hippocratic oath to help patients. If they feel that they would not be able to help you, then yes, they are "allowed" to excuse themselves from your treatment. That is why we get second opinions. That is why we have a choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This website is a group advertisement. is not a lawyer referral service or a law firm and the information contained herein is not legal advice. Subscriber Attorneys appearing on have paid an online advertising fee. Use of this Service is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship between a Subscriber Attorney and any Requestors. The attorneys listed on do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by this website. To see the attorney near you who is responsible for this advertisement please click here. If you live in AL, FL, MO, NY or WY please click here for additional information